INTERESTED IN COMING ON BOARD?
We’re looking for people passionate about helping others. If you are a PT/PTA or OT/OTA & lymphedema-certified, we’d love to speak with you! If you have an interest in learning more about our opportunities, please call 214-422-8265 or use the “Contact Us” link.
Current Opportunity (9/22/16): PRN contract lymphedema therapist for homebound patients
Description: Providing complete decongestive therapy (as appropriate) to patients in their home. This can include difficult ergonomics at times (such as lifting heavy limbs, treatment with patient in recliners/on beds, obese patients, etc.). A good understanding of edema vs lymphedema is essential as well as how to treat both populations safely.
Coverage location: Any area of the metroplex you would like to cover; days/hours are flexible
Requirements: Licensed in Texas. CLT & CPR certifications. Outpatient lymphedema experience is preferred but experience in other settings is accepted. If you’re a new CLT, we’d be happy to speak with you but hiring is questionable due to the potential adverse impact improper lymphedema treatment can have on a patient.
- A sincere desire to help patients improve & meet functional goals
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Flexibility given the unpredictable nature of scheduling (patients may cancel, conflicts may arise with another discipline, traffic accidents, etc.)
- Reliability, credibility & integrity given the independence / autonomy of home health
- Creativity in cases where traditional bandaging may not work for a given situation