How Do I Schedule an Appointment?
You can schedule an appointment to be seen in one of three ways:
1. In Your Home
You must live within 15 miles of the business address: 1012 W. Eldorado Parkway in Little Elm. If you do, then use the CONTACT US form to request an appointment. In the form, tell us if you want to bill insurance OR pay privately.
- If you want to bill insurance: Visit https://www.encyro.com/ltstherapy and securely upload a copy (front and back) of your insurance cards and driver’s license. We’ll need to verify your insurance. The process will take 1-2 business days. Once benefits are verified, you’ll receive an email confirmation with a secure link to electronically sign required patient forms. After these steps, we’ll schedule your session.
Keep in mind two important points:
First, we are in-network with Medicare. We accept all other insurance (however, we have gone out-of-network with these carriers the rest of 2021). This means if you do not have Medicare, you’ll need to pay for your service at the time it is provided. We will still file insurance claims for each visit on your behalf (as most medical offices do), but your insurance company will send their payment to you instead of us.
Second, you cannot receive home health services while we are seeing you due to insurance reimbursement rules. You will have to pay cash out of pocket OR discharge services with your home health agency before we can see you (and they’ll need to fax a copy of that discharge to 214-614-9352).
- If you want to pay privately (cash): It’s easy! Wait one business day for an email reply after you submit the CONTACT US form requesting an appointment. The email reply will include a secure link to electronically sign required patient forms. Once forms are signed, we will contact you to schedule your visit and send a prepay invoice.
2. In Our Office
Our office relocated from Carrollton to Little Elm and is not yet re-established. You can stay up-to-date with news here. In the meantime, please schedule a telehealth consult (below) or contact another provider for lymphedema treatment.
If you live more than 15 miles outside of Little Elm and would like an online consult, click here to schedule. (You can also submit a request for a telehealth session using our CONTACT US form.) We’ll send secure link to electronically sign the required patient form. Once we receive your signed form, we’ll confirm your appointment.
What will Treatment Cost?
Treatment cost varies based on what is done and how long a session takes. After your evaluation, we can better advise you of what we anticipate each visit will cost. Billing is usually based on procedural codes (insurance billing codes) that are commonly time-based.
For Medicare, we require payment for your deductible at the time of service. After your deductible, Medicare usually covers 80% of therapy-related costs. If you have supplemental insurance, they cover the remaining 20%. For all other insurance (or private pay), we require payment for services at the time they are rendered, but we will bill insurance for you. Your insurance will reimburse you (instead of us) according to your policy with them. We have found this process reduces billing hassles later for everyone.
For private pay, you’ll receive an invoice for your evaluation prior to the scheduled visit. Payment is required to reserve your initial appointment.
What to Expect in Your First Visit
When making a home visit, your appointment time is approximate. Please allow 30 minutes before and after your scheduled time for arrival to accommodate unforeseen events (such as traffic, prior patient needs, etc.). We will notify you when heading your way for a more precise time.
Your first session is an evaluation. No treatment will be provided during this visit. We’ll discuss your past medical history, surgeries, when swelling began, compression or treatment you’ve tried, your goals for therapy, etc. We’ll determine the best course of action for your goals at this time.
What to Expect in Treatment
Shortly after your evaluation, treatment will begin. Lymphedema treatment usually involves CDT (complete decongestive therapy) which includes manual lymph drainage, multi-layer compression bandaging, skin care and exercise. We also do a lot of education. At the end of treatment, you’re fit with a compression garment (such as a sleeve or hose). Not all people are appropriate for CDT. Your reason for swelling, any other health issues and your goals are all considered during your evaluation.
How Long Does Therapy Last?
Visit time is usually an hour but may be more or less. Frequency is usually three to five times per week but also varies. Duration of therapy is often anywhere from two to six weeks. All time frames depend on your plan of care, presentation, needs and goals.