Solaris is a compression competitor with a few unique aspects. For one, they are based in the United States. For another, they sell a readymade flat-knit garment. And last, they were founded by a therapist who treated lymphedema patients. Who better to understand patient needs than a therapist?
Located in Wisconsin, Kathy Weatherly (occupational therapist) opened Solaris in 1998 when she was looking for products which made bandaging easier & were more useful for her patients. She came up with the Tribute night garment & then developed the Readywrap & other product lines they make today. Kathy is still active in her company, providing support to DME providers & educating others about lymphedema.
Products include day & night sleeves, bandaging sleeves, Velcro options, hose/sleeves & fibrosis aids. Most products can be readymade or custom. The major lines are:
- Tribute (night compression sleeve with compression)
- Special pricing for clients under 14 years of age
- Caresia (bandage sleeve without compression used to reduce layers & steps in bandaging)
- Readywrap (Velcro compression)
- For leg/arm swelling
- A unique foot piece with has individual toe compression
- Exo (hose/sleeves)
- ExoStrong (readymade flat-knit)
- ExoSheer (circular-knit)
- ExoSoft (circular-knit)
- ExoFusion (providing foot compression only in the form of a knee-high sock)
- Swell Spots (fibrosis aids for all areas of the body)
Find out more at www.solarismed.com/products or visit www.ltscompression.com.